Absolutely IN! Events is a team of thoughtful, design-savvy, detail-obsessed event specialists. We marry your unique vision with our design expertise to create a breathtaking experience for you and your guests. Our team delights in exceptional customer service, creativity, and helping plan and execute the event of your dreams!
CRYSTAL PRAG, Director of Events
Meet Crystal, an event planning enthusiast with a passion for love stories and all-things creative. Born and raised in sunny California and a graduate of UCLA, she lived in Boston before her own love story brought her to St. Louis. She brings a fusion of West Coast energy, East Coast elegance, and Midwest warmth to the Absolutely IN! Events team. In addition to wedding planning, Crystal has helped coordinate charity fashion shows, UCLA residential life activities, and wishes for children at Make-A-Wish. She has an enthusiastic flair for exquisite design, meticulous detail, and considers it an absolute honor and privilege to be a part of what many call the “best day” of their lives.
- FAVORITE WEDDING TREND: I love adding pops of color and sparkle to whatever I can.
- CURRENT OBSESSIONS: Line dancing, Life Cereal, and creating musical parodies.
- BUCKET LIST GOAL: Complete a half Ironman in 2017.
Melody Lowry, Creative Director
A St. Louisian to the core, born and raised in Kirkwood. And yes, that is where she went to high school! A graduate of Loyola University of Chicago, her educational background is in communications, advertising and anthropology. In the last decade, she has dedicated her professional life to hospitality – great restaurants, high-end catering, a wide range of events and sales. Melody has produced over 700 events from small dinner parties to non-profit galas, corporate meetings to outdoor weddings. Absolutely IN! offers a unique setting where she can focus on the elements of event coordination and business development that she loves most. A boutique firm means more attention to detail and opportunity for stronger relationships with clients – Melody is so “IN” to that! In her spare time, she loves to travel, explore Forest Park with her little one, and eat good food!
- PERFECT DATE NIGHT WITH THE HUBBY: Five courses at Sardella followed by a night cap in the Central West End.
- ANNUAL ST. LOUIS EVENT: You will find me at The Greentree Festival every year!
- BEST BUSINESS PRACTICE: Saying THANK YOU to your employees & colleagues. A little appreciation goes such a long way, and no job, no matter how big or how small, should ever go unnoticed.
McKINLEY HAWKINSON, Wedding Planner/Coordinator
As one of our newest team members, McKinley brings a young, creative style and energy to the company. Her friends are convinced that her planner will be her maid of honor and her to do lists will be her bridesmaids. Her background in business and customer service expresses her commitment in succeeding at whatever task she takes on. Her passion became reality while planning and executing non-profit and chapter events for her sorority. Her enthusiasm led her to New York City where she interned at Kleinfeld Bridal (Say Yes to the Dress) for the summer and although she loved the big city, the Gateway to the West was calling her name.
- FAVORITE WEDDING TREND: Gold glitter and black. I will add a little sparkle to just about anything.
- CAN’T GO A DAY WITHOUT SAYING:“Oh! I need those shoes! They’re on sale!”
- WON’T EVER OUTGROW: Mac and cheese. (Well, really anything with cheese).
LUCY ROATE, Event Manager
Lucy comes to Absolutely IN! with a multitude of experience in the event industry. Graduating from SIUE in 2008 as a Speech Communication-Public Relations major, Lucy has operated events ranging in scale and scope including: fundraisers, weddings, incentive programs and festivals. By day, she is a Program Manager for a Corporate Incentive Company and by passion, she is an Event Manager for Absolutely IN!. She thrives on décor, diagrams and delightful food (the three D’s). Lucy is eager to help build the event of your dreams while creating lasting memories for you and your guests.
- FAVORITE WEDDING TREND: Pops of gold or incorporating succulents into bouquets and boutonnieres.
- CURRENT OBSESSION: Anything from Anthropologie and finding the perfect decor for my home.
- WINE OF THE MOMENT: Jordan Cabernet
ELLEN CONDIE, President, Founder, Managing Partner
Ellen is a graduate of Washington University St. Louis School of Law and a “recovering attorney.” She applies the skills she gained in one high pressure, detail oriented environment to the equally complex world of special events. When its time to relax, she heads to the country where her six Border Collies and a cellar stocked wth California wines await.
TERESA RANDALL, Vice President, Founder, Human Resources
Teresa applies her career in payroll and accounting, combined with her organizational brilliance, to keep operations running smoothly and efficiently for clients and staff. She is always ready to provide counsel and advice, or a sympathetic ear. If something needs doing, she is the go-to person on the team.