Let’s admit it, we have all been oohing and aahing over recent engagements: the dreamy proposals, the stunning rings, and of course the romantic pictures with the caption, “She Said Yes!” Now that the initial shock has set in, wedding planning begins, and it’s the perfect time to consider having a wedding planner on your team.
You’re probably thinking, “Where do I start?” or, “What colors should I choose?” Maybe you’ve thought, “I don’t know what I’m doing.” Well, start with a deep breath in and a deep breath out before asking yourself these questions:
- Do I have the time to plan my wedding?
- Do I have the organizational skills or the patience?
- Do I know the vendors in the industry?
- Do I want myself, fiancé/fiancée, or guests to carry any stress on the wedding day?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, then you could benefit greatly from working with a wedding planner.
There’s a type of planner for every couple out there!
Wedding planners offer a spectrum of services that range from day-of to full planning and design. At the very least, most couples enjoy the help of a “day-of” or “month of” coordinator. Help with what we call “The Big Day” often includes overseeing the event timeline, directing the day, perfecting seating charts and layouts, problem-solving if any issues arise, ensuring correct setup and more. This type of planner focuses on all of the details on your wedding day so that you relax and fully enjoy the day.
In addition to the actual event day support, some couples wish to have a wedding planner who does full planning and design. This planner manages the entire planning, design and execution process. And if you’re the type of couple who wants a bit more than day of but can do some of the planning on your own, you can also hire a partial planning coordinator with services that are tailored specifically for you!
Having a wedding planner on your side comes with three major benefits:
- Planners have insider knowledge and expert advice on different vendors, venues, and design ideas.
- They can help you stay on budget while knowing what to expect spending on the various components of your wedding.
- Any stress is put onto their shoulders, not your’s nor your family and friends.
So if you’re about to make your wedding planning list and checking it twice, perhaps a wedding planner would be nice. They’ll gladly be the team to make your wedding soar beyond your dreams.